“The Board of Directors, staff, and members of People Oakland are extremely grateful to the Staunton Farm Foundation for providing funding to Peoples Oakland Programs in the Park “POPP”. Thank you for your contribution over the years and most recently, your generosity and support will allow us to continue to strengthen the lives of those affected by mental illness.
September 30, 2020
Dear Peoples Oakland Community,
Fall is finally here, and we have been working hard to prepare for the colder weather and still offer safe programs during the Covid-19 pandemic. Below are some important program updates; please call us if you have any questions! 412-683-7140
1. Our POPP-in on the deck social program will continue Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 10:00 am – 2:00 pm until Friday October 9th. Please try to call ahead to be added to the schedule. *Weather Permitting
2. We will offer one Zoom Virtual Recovery Support/Focus Group at 11:00 am, Monday – Friday beginning Monday, October 5th. Call your Counselor for more information to connect.
3. Peoples Oakland will be closed Monday, October 12th – Friday, October 16th as we get our 2nd floor ready for inside activities.
4. We will reopen on Monday, October 19th for indoor 2nd floor only use, with the following guidelines –
• Mondays, Wednesday, Thursdays from 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
• If you come early, please wait patiently for check in to start
• 15 Members will be allowed at a time, and we recommend calling ahead to speak with an available Counselor to reserve a spot. If you only leave a voice mail message we may not get it in time because we may be busy all around the building.
• Face Masks and Social Distancing are mandatory. Everyone is asked to wash/sanitize their hands often and avoid touching their faces and masks.
• The pool table, some board games, and individual craft bins will be available, and you can bring your own independent activities. If you are using electronic devices you need to have your own headphones or earbuds.
• We will have coffee and hot tea, but the Snack Shack will be closed. Please bring your own food/drinks.
• A few tables will be set-up for eating, and this is the only time you can remove your face mask. Everyone will need to clean their own table when they are done, and we ask everyone to please try to finish if other people are waiting to eat.
• The deck doors will be open for air circulation, so bring your coat if you think you might get cold. Members will be able to use the deck and the inside tables.
• Smoking is not allowed on the deck, but we will have an area set-up under the deck.
• Only Housekeeping and Staff will be allowed on the 3rd & 4th floors.
5. If you would like to make an appointment to meet individually with your Counselor or to use the computer resource center please call your Counselor.
6. We still receive Food Bank items each month. Call your Counselor to schedule a pick-up.
Remember that this is another starting-point for all of us, and we will make changes as we go along to either cut back or add more programs depending on the course of public health. We ask all Members to use their best judgement in participating: if you are sick or have health concerns please stay home and keep in touch with us by phone, letter, email, or through your treatment team. We miss seeing everyone and we are thinking of you all! We appreciate your patience and continued participation during this difficult time.
We are here for you. Stay safe!
– Peoples Oakland Staff
Cultivating a Culture of Love
Hope | Integrity | Respect | Empathy | Humility
And don’t forget to Like and Follow us on Facebook! facebook.com/peoplesoakland
• World Health Organization • Center for Disease Control • Allegheny County Health Department